Tuesday, March 17, 2009

First Post (Because Hello World is So Passé)

So, if you're wondering what you're doing in this little space in the Internet and wondering what kind of crap is that picture above, then you're probably bored out of your mind. This blog is basically the art (debatable) of a man who is often bored and has absolutely too much time with his hands.

Now, unlike my other blog, I won't ramble on like an idiot (oh wait, too late). Instead, I'll pretend to be one of them famous artists and pretend that I know what I'm doing by discussing the process involved in the images I will be posting here. So Here. We. Go...

The portrait above was obvious done in Steno Notebook while taking a break at work. Since I was just doodling around, I stuck with a ballpoint pen, also I didn't have my handy number 2 pencil, so there (DON'T JUDGE ME). I decided to make it a little cartoon-ish but still went through the painstaking shading process which surprisingly came out OK if not great. The style is a bit reminiscent of the early days of one of my favorite webcomics Questionable Content.

No comments:

Post a Comment